The Serra Club of South Herts continues to meet every month, on the second Tuesday of the month. Our meetings have moved online for the time being – so if you would like to join us, please do get in touch using the form on the contact page and we will share the instructions on how to join!
With the current COVID-19 outbreak, and even though public Mass has resumed to an extent, we will not be meeting at Our Lady & St Michael’s for our monthly meetings.
However, we can still pray for vocations at home and have our regular monthly meetings online to pray together and learn about vocations.
Our Lady & St. Michael’s – Garston
St. Helen’s – North Watford
St Helen’s is currently streaming Mass at 9am on Sunday morning – please check their website as live-streaming may cease once in-person Mass attendance can resume.
St. Teresa of the Child Jesus – Borehamwood
Mass is streamed daily from Borehamwood and can be watched here.
- Sunday and Weekday Mass elsewhere in the Diocese
- Masses, Daily Prayer and other video from around the UK and Ireland
- National Shrine of Our Lady, Walsingham
Serra Club of South Herts Prayers
- Prayers for Vocations
- Night Prayer from our March 2020 Meeting
- Adoration for Vocations Intercessions
Other Prayer Resources
- Resources during Mass suspension from the Diocese
- The Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales
- Prayers during a time of ‘flu and illness, prepared by the Liturgy Office
- Website for the Rededication of England as Mary’s Dowry – the Rededication still went ahead, but from our own homes rather than in mass gatherings. The prayers are available for download.
Other Local Resources
Our Convention of 2020 will take place in New Orleans, June 25th -27th. Planning is well underway by the New Orleans Serrans in a city famous for its jazz festivals, noted French Quarter and Bourbon Street. You can sit in Jackson Square in the shadow of the 18th century St Louis Cathedral where artists paint portraits or simply absorb the serenity of this Majestic Cathedral. Again a programme of renowned speakers promises another great convention.
More details will follow as the programme develops.
This year’s national conference will be in Wigan from 4th to 6th October, 2019.
As our programme develops we are pleased to announce that Fr Eamonn Mulcahy C.S.Sp. will be our keynote speaker and lead presenter guiding us through the apostolic exhortation “Christus Vivit” written in response to the Fifteenth Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, on young people, faith and vocational discernment.
Serra’s 77th International Convention will be held from June 19-23, 2019 in Mexico City!